TIPS FOR UNDERSTANDING CRIMINAL DEFENSES
If one is charged with a criminal offense in Prince William County the sense of normalcy fades away and a series of unfortunate events are instigated. Life suddenly seems to have become chaotic. You feel disoriented and have abruptly become indecisive. During these challenging times, the guidance of criminal lawyers in Prince William County, VA becomes essential. Know from your criminal lawyers in Prince William County VA that crime is considered to have been committed either by the commission of acts that are prohibited by the law or by the omission of acts mandated by the law.
As a first step, get your priorities in line. Obtaining dismissal of your charge is the foremost priority. At this point, you cannot afford to suffer the consequences of improper defenses. It is vital to identify the perils of weak defense strategies. Hiring experienced defense lawyers in Prince William County VA is as important as providing the attorneys with a clear picture of the incidents that lead to the charge.
The criminal lawyers at The Law Office of SRIS, P.C, can assist you in Prince William County. At this point, you need to understand that our criminal lawyers are not here to judge you. They are here to defend you. Our VA criminal lawyers in Prince William County will unrelentingly fight your case to obtain favorable orders. If there is a possibility of discharging you from the charge in Prince William County, the same will be accomplished. The VA lawyers at The Law Offices of SRIS P.C., in Prince William County, are affable and will present a fundamental overview of your criminal charge.
THE TYPES OF OFFENSES - CLARIFIED BY VA LAWYERS
It is important for an accused in Prince William County to be apprised of the terms used in criminal procedure in VA. A criminal charge in Prince William County, VA may be either a felony or a misdemeanor. A misdemeanor is a less serious crime in Prince William County with punishments of jail time of not more than one year and/or a possible fine. The question of whether your charge is a misdemeanor or a felony depends on the circumstances of your offense.
If charged with a misdemeanor, you should immediately set your record straight with proficient assistance from Criminal lawyers in Prince William County VA.
A felony is a serious crime that may be punished with penalties as serious as death or life imprisonment. Whatever your charge may be, contact the criminal lawyers in Prince William County VA for framing appropriate defenses. The criminal lawyers at the Law Office of SRIS, P.C. will guide you through the criminal procedure.
By retaining the criminal lawyers in Prince William County VA with the exceptional blend of legal acumen, prudent judgments, and resolute determination to win your case, you can be assured of extraordinary results.
Misdemeanor offenses in VA
- Reckless driving – Your criminal lawyers in Prince William County VA will acquaint you with salient information about reckless driving in VA. Reckless driving may be charged in Prince William County, VA if the accused was found
- Driving above 80 miles per hour, irrespective of the speed limit or
- Driving 20 miles per hour or exceeding the speed limit.
Be apprised by the criminal lawyers in Prince William County VA that being charged with reckless driving is a common occurrence in VA due to today’s fast life. An acquittal can be afforded only on hiring VA criminal lawyers with prior experience in representing reckless driving clients in Prince William County. Retaining criminal lawyers in Prince William County who are familiar with your VA trial court procedures can provide you with exemplary defenses.
- DUI: The criminal lawyers at The Law Offices of SRIS, P.C. will layout the law pertaining to your DUI charge. A DUI charge in Prince William County may result in a conviction. The VA Criminal lawyers in Prince William County VA will assess your case to scrutinize whether procedural standards were adhered to by police officers. Also, the VA criminal lawyers in Prince William County, VA will work towards disproving any evidence indicating your guilt and draw together evidence of your innocence.
- Possession of small amounts of drugs: To be equipped with relevant information about drug offenses in VA, speak to the criminal lawyers in Prince William County. Your lawyers will also notify you that the possession of small amounts of drugs in Prince William County VA may be considered a misdemeanor based on the quantity of drugs.
Felony offenses in VA
To understand the consequences of a felony offense in VA, retain the criminal lawyers in Prince William County who are equipped with prior experience in winning felony charges. What follows is a short brief about some of the felony charges in Prince William County VA:
- Assault and battery- Your VA lawyers will inform you that assault and battery may be charged when the defendant commits a physical act against another. Any “inappropriate unlawful touching” of another is also considered assault. By working with VA Criminal lawyers in Prince William County, you can make sure that your charge is combated with a suitable defense.
- Arson- Arson is a very serious property crime in Prince William County, VA that not only destroys property but may also cause injury and the loss of life. If you are charged with arson, do not delay the defense building process, contact our criminal lawyers in Prince William County VA immediately.
- Credit card theft, money laundering, abduction, burglary, homicide are considered felony offenses and require solid defenses by proficient VA criminal lawyers in Prince William County.
- Child pornography offense such as possession of the prohibited images is a Class 6 felony. Your VA criminal lawyers in Prince William County will apprise you that it is important to prove that the child is a minor. The prosecution establishes the age of the child in the picture by comparing the said image with a database that is maintained.
For serious charges in VA, like multiple felony charges, you will require the assistance of criminal lawyers in Prince William County who specialize in these types of distinct criminal cases in VA. The vigorous defense of such persuasive criminal lawyers decides the outcome of your charge in VA.
DRUG OFFENSES-AN OVERVIEW
Your criminal lawyers in Prince William County will relate to you that a prohibited drug is a substance listed in the schedules of VA Code. Be apprised by the VA criminal lawyers in Prince William County that the seriousness of the charge depends on the schedule under which the drug is placed.
- Your lawyers in Prince William County will inform you that drugs under schedule I, is risky and likely to be addictive. These substances are not approved for medical purposes. Your lawyers will elucidate that the list includes LSD, ecstasy, and heroin. If you are charged with possession of schedule I substances, contact our criminal lawyers in Prince William County VA at The Law Offices of SRIS, P.C. immediately.
- Know from your VA lawyers in Prince William County that drugs that come under schedule II are susceptible to abuse and may cause severe addiction. Be updated by your lawyers in Prince William County that these substances do cover some medical purposes. These include Morphine, methamphetamine (crystal meth), Ritalin, PCP, and cocaine. If you are accused of possession of schedule II substances get in touch with our criminal lawyers in Prince William County VA.
- Drugs that come under schedule III are less likely to be abused as compared to drugs listed in schedule II and have been approved for medical purposes. Your lawyers in Prince William County will disclose to you that the list includes anabolic steroids, codeine, barbiturates, and depressants such as Klonopin, Valium, Rohypnol, and Phenobarbital. If you are accused of possession of schedule III drugs contact our criminal lawyers in Prince William County VA for applicable defenses.
- Drugs that come under schedule IV are prescribed drugs that are approved for medical purposes but are also liable for addiction. These include Darvon, valium Xanax, and other tranquilizers and sedatives such as Ativan and Ketamine. If you are charged with possession of schedule IV drugs contact our criminal lawyers in Prince William County VA.
- Drugs that come under schedule V are used for medicinal purposes but hold some degree of risk of abuse and addiction. These include Cough medicines. If you are charged with possession of schedule V drugs, speak to our criminal lawyers in Prince William County VA.
- Drugs that come under schedule VI are not drugs but that can be abused recreationally. These include inhalants such as Amyl nitrite, butyl nitrite, and nitrous oxide (found in many types of aerosol cans). If you are charged with possession of schedule VI drugs contact our criminal lawyers in Prince William County VA.
Although categorized as a schedule I drug by federal law, marijuana possession does not come under these six categorizations in VA. It is measured as a misdemeanor with its consequences. If you are charged with possession of marijuana, contact our criminal lawyers in Prince William County VA to know the current position of law.
Any individual accused of a drug crime in Prince William County VA deserves to be provided with the right to defend oneself. Do not hesitate to contact our criminal lawyers in Prince William County immediately for guidance.
VA DRUG OFFENSE CLASSIFICATION
- Drug Possession: Possession occurs when an individual possesses any drug without a valid prescription or through other authorized means. The legal description of drug possession only requires you to possess the substance “within your control.” This states that you could be considered in possession of the drug if it is found in your car speaker compartment or on a shelf in your house, or in a box under your table and not required to be holding any drug in your hands or baggage. If you are held for possession charges do contact criminal lawyers in Prince William County VA.
- Drug Distribution and Trafficking: This category includes selling, delivering, or providing drugs unlawfully. Distribution is charged for dealing with lesser amounts of drugs, while trafficking is charged for larger quantities. If you are facing a distribution and trafficking charges contact The Law Office of SRIS, P.C. criminal lawyers in Prince William County VA.
- Drug Manufacturing: Manufacturing occurs when an individual produces drugs without legal authorization or possesses chemicals used in the manufacture of any drug with an objective to manufacture. With the effective assistance of our Criminal lawyers in Prince William, VA, you can ensure excellent defense strategies for drug manufacturing charges.
Domestic violence is a crime to harm, trying to harm, or make threats to a member of your family or household. If a police officer has probable cause to consider that an individual has committed a physical attack against a family or household member or violated a protective order, the police officer can arrest without a warrant. A protective order is a legal order prohibiting further acts of abuse.
Protective Orders or Restraining orders
These orders are important because they
- Forbid acts of abuse or criminal offenses.
- Forbid physical contact with the allegedly abused individual, family or household members, and children.
- Forbid other contacts, including phone, email, text, or social media messages.
Domestic violence lawyers in Prince William, VA will let you know all insights in Protective Orders. There are three kinds of Protective Orders that can shield you and others in your family or home.
- Preliminary Protective Order- A preliminary protective order can be issued through a court order. The preliminary order is valid awaiting a hearing from 15days to six months.
- Emergency Protective Order- An emergency protective order may be issued when there is immediate probable danger of further acts of family abuse.
- Permanent Protective Order- A protective order can impose firm conditions on the alleged abuser. A Permanent protective order remains valid for a set period, up to two years.
Innocent people can be detained for domestic violence for acts that occurred accidentally. At times the victim may have initiated the violence or it could even be an imaginary narrative. In these conditions, it is crucial that the accused, contact trained domestic violence lawyers in Prince William, VA to help them resolve the criminal matter.
On working with criminal lawyers in Virginia, you will be acquainted with the procedures connected with protective orders.
THE DETAILS OF RELEVANT DEFENSES IN PROTECTIVE ORDER CASES IN PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY VA
The attorneys in VA have handled complex problems requiring forceful arguments for the dismissal of protective orders. A typical protective order case consists of the following facts:
- At times, it can be a situation where the accused was actually defending himself/herself but has been falsely portrayed as the aggressor or it can be a situation where the other party happened to call the police first. The professional defense lawyers in Virginia will prepare you thoroughly with the goal of disproving all allegations in your protective order case.
- Self-defense is accepted when the accused admits to committing assault and battery but states he/she was acting in self-defense. In such cases, the accused also provides proof in support of his claim that the alleged victim acted violently and that such violence induced violence from the accused as a means of protection due to reasonable fear of bodily injury, sexual assault, or death.
- During the hearing, the accused is required to provide a reasonable explanation to the court as to what efforts he/she took to remain safe before resorting to violence.
Hiring defense lawyers in VA is an important step in protecting your rights and obtaining an acquittal. Criminal defendants innocently believe that conviction is the only consequence of a criminal conviction. Only on consulting the criminal lawyers in VA, you will realize that the consequences can be extremely traumatic.
If you find yourself facing a single charge or several charges in Virginia, it is essential to seek the opinion of experienced criminal lawyers in Prince William County. Our criminal lawyers will ensure that you receive the best probable defense in your case. Our criminal lawyers at The Law Office of SRIS, P.C. Prince William County employ specific defense strategies. The strategies are specifically framed by our proficient lawyers with the goal of establishing reasonable doubt or prove your innocence. Such defenses by our lawyers are aimed at dismissal or reduction of pending criminal charges.
Beat your criminal charge with the adept legal assistance of the criminal lawyers at The Law Offices of SRIS, P.C. Hire our criminal attorneys for suitable criminal defenses and get acquitted.