Criminal Lawyer Prince William Virginia
Phone Answered Live – 24/7 | Teléfono Contestado En Vivo – 24/7
The consequences associated with a crime will permanently ruin your reputation. Our criminal lawyers in Prince William County possess high knowledge about the crimes in VA and the defenses associated with such offenses. Our criminal lawyers have dealt with similarly positioned clients like you and can place themselves in your shoes.
Truly efficient Lawyers in Prince William County will primarily advise you to remain calm and leave your complicated criminal charge to them. Criminal Lawyers you retain for your case are well prepared for all issues that root from your charge and as a consequence, you can relax.
Virginia law categorizes crimes based on nature and severity, thus dividing them into crimes against the person, crimes against property, crimes against Society, violent crimes, and hate crimes. Be notified that whatever be the crime, taking help from experienced criminal lawyers is indispensable for your charge in Prince William County. It is important to retain aggressive Criminal Lawyers who are familiar with the local procedures of Prince William County. The internet may be an unlimited source of information about the criminal procedures connected with your charge in Prince William County. However, acting based on information provided on the internet may prove to be disastrous for your criminal charge.
It is always advisable to retain the best Criminal Lawyers in Prince William County for your charge. Skilled Criminal Lawyers in Prince William County will advise you about the importance of dealing with your criminal charge patiently. You should have clarity about how crimes are classified in Virginia. To you, all crimes may look alike but truly efficient criminal lawyers know the legal implication of each crime and the difference in how courts approach each crime in Prince William County. For your criminal charge, obtain timely assistance from brilliant criminal lawyers in Prince William County for a sound defense for your case.
Our Practice Areas
CRIME CLASSIFICATION IN VIRGINIA – BY CRIMINAL LAWYERS IN PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY, VA
SERIOUS CRIMES IN PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY, VA
Criminal lawyers at The Law Offices of SRIS, P.C. provide you a brief description of some of the offenses in Virginia. There are several offenses in Virginia and our lawyers focus on each one of them with great care. For the reader’s convenience, our criminal lawyers have classified the crimes into three categories:
- Sex Crimes
- Property Crimes
- Violent Crimes
SEX CRIMES IN PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY, VA
Criminal lawyers in Prince William County, VA will apprise you about the elements to be proven by the prosecution for a rape conviction as follows:
- Indulging in sexual intercourse with a victim, whether or not the accused’s spouse
- Compelling the victim to engage in sexual intercourse with any other person
- Such acts are committed by using force, threat or intimidation or
- The victim is mentally incapacitated or is physically helpless
- The victim is a child under age 13
If you want to know more about the penalties for rape, you should consult criminal lawyers in Prince William County, VA. The penalties for rape may be life imprisonment or five-year imprisonment in a state correctional facility.
If you have been charged for forcible sodomy, you should immediately seek help from highly skilled criminal lawyers in Prince William County, VA. Criminal lawyers in Prince William County, VA will familiarize you as to what should be proven by the commonwealth attorney for a conviction for forcible sodomy. The prosecution should prove that the accused engaged in cunnilingus, fellatio, anilingus, or anal intercourse with the victim, and the victim’s age was less than 13 years of age or the accused used force, threat or intimidation or that the victim was mentally incapacitated or physically helpless. Criminal lawyers in Prince William County, VA will clarify that the punishment for forcible sodomy can range between life imprisonment and 5 years imprisonment.
Object sexual penetration
Highly professional criminal lawyers in Prince William County, VA will familiarize you with the elements then need to be proven by the commonwealth attorney to prove the accused guilty of object sexual penetration.
Criminal lawyers, you hire for your case in Prince William County, VA will tell you that one will be held guilty of object sexual penetration in the following events:
- The accused penetrated the labia majora or anus of a victim
- Other than for a bona fide medical purpose, or
- The accused compelled the victim to penetrate his or her own body with an object or
- The accused compelled the victim to engage in such acts with any other person or
- The accused compelled the victim to penetrate, or to be penetrated by, an animal and
- The victim is less than 13 years of age or
- The accused committed the above-mentioned acts by force, threat or intimidation or mental incapacity or physical helplessness of the victim
To prepare an effective defense for your object sexual penetration charge, immediately contact criminal lawyers in Prince William County, VA.
Carnal knowledge of child
Be informed by your lawyers in Prince William County, VA as to how the prosecution will prove the accused guilty of object sexual penetration. Also criminal lawyers in Prince William County, VA will advise you that the following have to be proved:
- Accused carnally knows a child between thirteen to fifteen years without force, he will be guilty of Class 4 felony
- If the victim is between thirteen to fifteen years of age and the accused is at least three years older than the victim, the accused will be guilty of Class 6 felony if he carnally knows the child with the child’s consent
The criminal lawyers in Prince William County, VA will also update you that if the accused is less than three years older than the victim, the accused will be guilty of Class 4 misdemeanor.
Aggravated sexual battery
Criminal lawyers in Prince William County, VA will provide you a detailed disclosure about the offense of aggravated sexual battery. Know from top criminal lawyers in Prince William County about what elements should be proved to hold one guilty of aggravated sexual battery:
- The accused sexually abused the victim and
- The victim is less than 13 years of age or
- The victim was mentally incapacitated or physically helpless; or
- The accused is a parent, step-parent, grandparent, or step-grandparent of the victim who is aged between 13 to 18 years
- The accused used force, threat, or intimation on the victim who is between 13 to 15 years or caused injury to the victim. or used a dangerous weapon.
Criminal lawyers in Prince William County, VA will brief you that the above-mentioned acts are considered aggravated sexual battery and are punishable as a felony with imprisonment of not less than one nor more than 20 years and by a fine of not more than $100,000.
Know from criminal lawyers in Prince William County about the difference between sexual battery and other sex offenses like rape and sexual assault. Skilled criminal lawyers in Prince William County, VA will update you that for serious sex offenses like rape and sexual assault, penetration is one of the elements of the offense. However, sexual battery is a lesser form of this offense and no penetration is required to prove for this offense. Criminal lawyers in Prince William County, VA will reveal to you that it is sufficient to show sexual contact or touching occurred. Sexual battery is a class 1 misdemeanor.
Taking indecent liberties with a child
Adept criminal lawyers in Prince William County will introduce you to the charge of indecent liberties with a child. Competent criminal lawyers in Prince William County will relate to you that the following are the elements to be proved for a conviction for taking indecent liberties:
- Accused is above 18 years
- Accused lascivious intent, knowingly and intentionally commits the prohibited acts on a victim who is less than 15 years
- Accused is prohibited from exposing his or her sexual or genital parts to any child
- Accused is prohibited from proposing that any such child expose his or her sexual or genital parts to the accused
- Accused is prohibited from proposing that any such child feel or fondle his/her sexual or genital parts
- Accused is prohibited from proposing that feeling or fondling the child’s sexual parts
- Accused is prohibited from proposing to the child the performance of an act of sexual intercourse, anal intercourse, cunnilingus, fellatio, or anilingus
- Accused is prohibited from inviting the child to enter a room or vehicle for any of the above-mentioned purposes
Accomplished criminal lawyers in Prince William County, VA will relate to you that taking indecent liberties with the child is punishable as a Class 5 felony. This punishment varies on other factors such as whether it was the child’s parent or grandparent who was involved in such activities. If you have been charged with taking indecent liberties with a child, do not hesitate to contact the best criminal lawyers in Prince William County VA for a perfect defense strategy.
PROPERTY CRIMES IN PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY, VA
On consulting knowledgeable criminal lawyers in Prince William County, VA you will become aware of what crimes are considered as property crimes and what are the penalties associated with property rights. Any offense where one’s right of property is affected is treated as a property crime. Expert criminal lawyers in Prince William County will tell you that property crimes in Virginia include theft, larceny, robbery, fraud, forgery, trespass, vandalism, and arson.
Competent criminal lawyers in Prince William County, VA will provide you detailed information about the following property offenses in VA
- You will be apprised by Criminal lawyers in Prince William County, VA that one can be held guilty of larceny if theft is committed with the intention of permanently depriving the other. If the offense is petit larceny, it is punishable as a class 1 misdemeanor.
- Professional Criminal Lawyers in Prince William County, VA will warn you that grand larceny is serious than petit larceny. Where goods with the value of more than $200 are stolen, the offense is considered as grand larceny. Bear in mind that grand larceny is a felony
- Be acquainted with efficient Criminal Lawyers in Prince William County, VA that Virginia Code § 18.2-103 deals with shoplifting. Shoplifting can be considered as petit larceny or grand larceny based on the value of goods stolen
- Proficient Criminal Lawyers in Prince William County will warn you that burglary is punishable in Virginia. An accused will be held to be guilty of burglary if there is proof that he forcefully entered a dwelling or business intending to steal.
- Embezzlement is another popular property offense in Virginia punishable under Va. Code § 18.2-111. Accomplished Criminal Lawyers in Prince William County, VA will acquaint you with what factors are considered by the court in holding one guilty of embezzlement. If one wrongfully and fraudulently uses, disposes of, conceals, or embezzles money or goods by misusing his employment, it is punishable as embezzlement.
- Learned criminal lawyers in Prince William County, VA will apprise you about what is considered as trespassing. If one person enters the property belonging to another after being prohibited by a sign on the property, he/she may be held guilty of trespass.
- Know from Criminal Lawyers in Prince William County, VA that arson may be classified as a Class 2 felony or a Class 3 felony. If one sets fire to another property thus causing damage to the property, it amounts to arson.
Though there are several other property offenses, our accomplished Criminal Lawyers in Prince William County, VA have restrained the details to only the most complex crimes.
VIOLENT CRIMES IN PRINCE WILLIAM COUNTY, VA
Experienced criminal lawyers in Prince William County, VA will apprise you on crimes that are classified as violent crimes. You will be exposed to the list of violent crimes including assault and battery, domestic assault, kidnapping, murder, sexual assault, voluntary and involuntary manslaughter, gang crimes, terrorism, robbery, and carjacking. Brilliant criminal lawyers in Prince William, VA will also explain to you about the penalties for each violent offense.
You will be shocked to know from criminal lawyers in Prince William, VA that simple violent crimes like assault are considered as Class 1 misdemeanor and for extremely violent charges like murder, the death penalty is imposed. Proficient Criminal Lawyers in VA will divulge to you that the punishment depends on the intensity of the injury. The courts impose liberal punishments for first-time offenders.
Criminal lawyers in VA will disclose that first-time domestic assault offenders may be placed on probation or may be ordered to attend counseling. Reputed criminal lawyers in VA will also explain the court’s extended discretion in punishing first-time offenders. At times the court may order the defendant to take treatment for drug or alcohol intoxication or the defendant may be asked to be involved in community service.
You will be shocked to know from skilled defense lawyers in VA that even though simple assault is a class 1 misdemeanor, any act of assault on a police officer is considered a felony. Highly proficient defense lawyers in VA will notify you that the impact of a violent crime does not end with jail time, it continues to have an adverse impact on your life, your job, education, and immigration.
WHAT ARE THE DEFENSES FOR VIOLENT CRIMES
Know from top Defense Lawyers in VA that even if the officer who interrogates you does not believe your story, the court will provide you the opportunity to be heard. Renowned criminal attorneys in VA will advise you that if you defend your case with a strategic defense, dismissal can be easily obtained. The most common defense strategies for violent offenses include the contention that the accused acted in self-defense or for the defense of another person. Truly efficient defense lawyers in VA may also argue on the ground that the victim initiated the altercation which escalated into a fight. Mistaken identity and accidental contact with the victim are grounds of defense in violent crimes in VA.
To get a clear picture of the criminal charges and the defense strategies, it is best to get in touch with a reputed law firm. Contact the Law Offices of SRIS, P.C. to get through your case efficiently and easily.